dimanche 24 juillet 2011

BEWARE - Horrible customer service, hidden fees, and slow processing will fleece you.

 I was warned about Bank of America's horrible reputation when I opened an account in 2004 upon returning home from college. I didn't listen...

I am hoping others can learn and avoid the mistakes I made by joining. Save yourself the heartache and open up an account elsewhere. You will be glad you did.

I was on vacation and went to use my BOA credit card. I was told it was declined. After waiting on hold for several minutes, I was informed by the BOA agent that my limit had been lowered. I received NO notification (we were on vacation when this happened, and I was nowhere near my old limit. I was astounded. But... I stayed on....

Here is the deal breaker for me, and a word of caution for everyone else... I have several "automatic transfers" set up to move money from my BOA account in order to pay monthly bills and to transfer funds. IF YOU HAVE THIS SET UP, YOU WILL BE SCREWED IN THE END. That is right, BOA charges a $30 "cancellation" fee for this service for EVERY ACCOUNT that you have it set up for. Pay off a bill? The amount will continue to come out of your BOA account as if you haven't... Then to cancel this inconvenience it will cost you $30.

It is total bullshit, and a racket. BOA has taken $250 from me for an account that has been closed for over 2 months, Charged me $30 to stop future transactions, and basically lost my money. I hope someone listens to this. It has been a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS.

By the way, I had auto debit to pay my cable bill, but recently moved and closed that account. Guess what?!? I just saw that BOA has taken the old payment amount out of my account although I closed it. It will cost me ANOTHER $30 to stop this payment as well, and 5 days to get my money back. Bank of America should go under. Their reputation is shit -they don't care, now that they are backed by Uncle Sam they can do whatever they want.

I am closing my account ASAP, and going with a bank that doesn't rape you instead of manage your money.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire